Your hands-on, step-by-step guide to automating administration with Windows PowerShell.
Teach yourself the fundamentals of Windows PowerShell command line interface and scripting language. Written by a leading scripting expert, this tutorial delivers self-paced labs, timesaving tips, and hands-on sample scripts for automating Windows administration-one step at a time.
Discover how to:
- Use built-in cmdlets to execute commands
- Write scripts to handle recurring tasks and configure scheduled jobs
- Use providers to access information external to the shell environment
- Configure network components using Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
- Manage users, groups, and computers with Active Directory Services
- Execute scripts for administering and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
- PLUS-Get a complete list of cmdlet commands and a guide for moving from VBScript to Windows Powershell
About the Author
Ed Wilson is a senior consultant at Microsoft Corporation and a scripting expert. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer who delivers immensely popular workshops world-wide on VBScript, WMI, and Windows PowerShell. He’s written more than a dozen books, including four on scripting, such as Microsoft VBScript Step by Step (Microsoft Press, 2006), and Microsoft Windows Scripting with WMI: Self-Paced Learning Guide (Microsoft Press, 2005). Ed holds more than 20 industry certifications, including the MCSE and CISSP.