Get cutting-edge techniques for managing SQL Server 2000.
Provide a scalable, replicated, and reliable foundation for your database-driven e-commerce applications. Packed with up-to-date information, real-world examples, and hands-on solutions, SQL Server 2000 Administration covers installation, configuration, system architecture, security, file management, data manipulation and replication, automation, and restoration. Plus, the "From the Field" sections highlight little-known tips and tricks from the authors' vast SQL Server management experience. This is an indispensable resource for all SQL Server DBAs.
About the Author
- Set up, configure, and maintain SQL Server 2000
- Perform unattended installations from inside the Windows 2000 directory model
- Manage user databases, file storage, and data queries using the Microsoft Management Console (MMC)
- Handle database security using authentication, Roles, permissions management, stored procedures, and views
- Transfer and transform data using DTS, field mapping, and parsing
- Back up and restore data with minimal impact on users
- Master Analysis Services, data replication, warehousing, and SQL server automation
- Institute and govern data replication
- Prevent downtime, crashes, and data losses
Mark Linsenbardt, MCSE, MCT (Las Vegas), is an independent consultant, trainer, speaker and author. Shane Stigler, MCSE, MCT (Las Vegas), is president of Stigler Consulting, an international consulting firm for medium and large companies on corporate MIS management and network design. He is also a corporate trainer for Productivity Point International; his clients include Bank of America, Citibank, Mirage, the City of Las Vegas and others.