Finally! The official guide to Advantage Database Server has arrived to help you easily develop and deploy client/server applications. Manage large quantities of data and access that data in a multiuser environment with unbelievable speed. Learn how ADS gives you unparalleled reliability and data integrity with little or no database administration. Take advantage of features such as referential integrity, transaction processing, triggers, full text search, and much more. Technically reviewed by the Extended Systems Advantage Database Server R&D team, this one-of-a-kind resource will help you build and deploy reliable, scalable, relational database applications.
- Easily create robust, high-performance, client/server applications
- Leverage ADS’s support for both set-based SQL and index-based navigation
- Enjoy nearly maintenance-free administration using self-tuning features
- Get the speed and reliability of transaction-based remote database server without the complexity
- Support Windows NT/2000/2003, Linux, NetWare, and Windows98/ME operating systems
- Replace the deprecated Borland Database Engine with practically no modifications
- Use virtually any development environment, including C# .NET, C#Builder, Visual C++, C++Builder, Delphi, Delphi for .NET, Java, JBuilder, Kylix, PHP, Perl, Visual Basic, and Visual Basic .NET