The Latest Waterproofing Techniques and Technology
Fully updated to include new techniques for mold remediation, Construction Waterproofing Handbook simplifies the critical task of keeping a building's envelope watertight. It begins with a tutorial on basic waterproofing concepts and materials, then moves on to the particulars of designing and installing systems in commercial, industrial, and residential structures.
Written by a renowned expert and popular author on the subject, this comprehensive guide provides key information on such matters as quality assurance, admixtures, expansion joints, testing, and safety. Because of recent natural disasters, clients are more concerned with waterproofing than ever. Construction Waterproofing Handbook provides everything you'll need to complete the most demanding projects with confidence and within budget.
Packed with hundreds of illustrations, Construction Waterproofing Handbook includes:
- Innovative mold remediation techniques
- New information about residential waterproofing
- Illustrations of installation procedures
- Detailed plans and specifications
- SI units
• Waterproofing Principles • Below-Grade Waterproofing • Above-Grade Waterproofing • Residential Waterproofing • Sealants • Expansion Joints • Admixtures • Remedial Waterproofing • Mold • The Building Envelope • Life Cycles • Envelope Testing • Leak Investigation and Detection • Safety • Guide Specifications • Resources About the Author
Michael T. Kubal served as Chief Operating Officer of A. J. Jones Construction Company, one of the largest construction companies in the U.S. He has also authored Waterproofing the Building Envelope (0-07-035859-1) and Engineered Quality in Construction (0-07- 035943-1), both published by McGraw-Hill.