Get a working knowledge of digital signal processing for computer science applications
The field of digital signal processing (DSP) is rapidly exploding, yet most books on the subject do not reflect the real world of algorithm development, coding for applications, and software engineering. This important new work fills the gap in the field, providing computer professionals with a comprehensive introduction to those aspects of DSP essential for working on today's cutting-edge applications in speech compression and recognition and modem design. The author walks readers through a variety of advanced topics, clearly demonstrating how even such areas as spectral analysis, adaptive and nonlinear filtering, or communications and speech signal processing can be made readily accessible through clear presentations and a practical hands-on approach. In a light, reader-friendly style, Digital Signal Processing: A Computer Science Perspective provides:
* A unified treatment of the theory and practice of DSP at a level sufficient for exploring the contemporary professional literature
* Thorough coverage of the fundamental algorithms and structures needed for designing and coding DSP applications in a high level language
* Detailed explanations of the principles of digital signal processors that will allow readers to investigate assembly languages of specific processors
* A review of special algorithms used in several important areas of DSP, including speech compression/recognition and digital communications
* More than 200 illustrations as well as an appendix containing the essential mathematical background
CompTIA Network+ Certification Study Guide
CompTIA's Network+ certification is a globally-recognized, vendor neutral exam that has helped over 235,000 IT professionals reach further and higher in their careers. The 2009 Network+ exam (N10-004) is a major update with more focus on security and wireless aspects of networking. Our new study guide has been updated accordingly with...
Practical Machine Learning with Rust: Creating Intelligent Applications in Rust
Explore machine learning in Rust and learn about the intricacies of creating machine learning applications. This book begins by covering the important concepts of machine learning such as supervised, unsupervised, and reinforcement learning, and the basics of Rust. Further, you’ll dive into the more specific fields of machine...
Learn Raspberry Pi 2 with Linux and Windows 10
Learn Raspberry Pi 2 with Linux and Windows 10 will tell you everything you need to know about working with Raspberry Pi 2 so you can get started doing amazing things. You'll learn how to set up your new Raspberry Pi 2 with a monitor, keyboard and mouse, and how to install both Linux and Windows on your new Pi 2.
Cloud Computing: Principles and Paradigms
Cloud computing has recently emerged as one of the buzzwords in the ICT
industry. Numerous IT vendors are promising to offer computation, storage,
and application hosting services and to provide coverage in several continents,
offering service-level agreements (SLA)-backed performance and uptime promises
for their services. While...