"...very well written...very recommendable for students, researchers as well as practitioners interested in signal processing and communications."
- Stefan Reh, Carnegie Mellon University
"...it is well written, providing the intended readership with tools and methods to study and solve problems concerning random signals and systems."
-Evelyn Buckwar, Zentralblatt MATH Berlin
Miller and Childers have focused on creating a clear presentation of foundational concepts with specific applications to signal processing and communications, clearly the two areas of most interest to students and instructors in this course. It is aimed at graduate students as well as practicing engineers, and includes unique chapters on narrowband random processes and simulation techniques.
The appendices provide a refresher in such areas as linear algebra, set theory, random variables, and more. Probability and Random Processes also includes applications in digital communications, information theory, coding theory, image processing, speech analysis, synthesis and recognition, and other fields.
* Exceptional exposition and numerous worked out problems make the book extremely readable and accessible
* The authors connect the applications discussed in class to the textbook
* The new edition contains more real world signal processing and communications applications
* Includes an entire chapter devoted to simulation techniques