Get up and running with XML using this innovative virtual classroom approach!
Interested in mastering XML? This revolutionary book and companion online presentation take you through 16 one-hour lessons that quickly get you up to speed on many of XML’s capabilities. With this unique approach and real-world perspective, you’ll be able to build your own Web site and custom XML documents in no time!
- Gain a better understanding of the fundamental XML concepts and information you need to know
- Explore several related XML standards and languages
- Create XML-related hyperlinks using XLink, XPath™, or XPointer
- Transform XML documents using the Extensible Style-sheet Language family
- Add multimedia to your Web site using SMIL
- Use XML with DTDs, schemas, style sheets, and data binding
- Exchange messages and access Web services with the SOAP protocol
Join the authors on the companion Web site in a training session. Follow along as they walk you through the online presentation for each chapter provided in streaming video or audio only. Source code is also available for download.
About the Author
LINDA MCKINNON has worked for more than eighteen years in computing science and information technology. She has performed increasingly advanced work on large corporate computer systems across various platforms and has over thirteen years of experience designing and providing training for thousands of students, both domestically and internationally.
AL MCKINNON is an engineer, technical author, and trainer who assists clients in the areas of network design, installation, and auditing. He has been a contributing author to national standards and has written manuals, specifications, provincial policies, procedures, regulations, legislation, magazine articles, and editorials.