The Only Up-to-the-Minute Guide to IMS Version 9--Straight from IBM IMS Experts
- Introduces IMS, one of the world's premiere software products
- Thoroughly covers key IMS functions, from security to Java support
- For both new and experienced IMS administrators, programmers, architects, and managers
- Prerequisite reading for IBM IMS Mastery Certificate Program
IMS serves more than 95 percent of Fortune 1000 companies, manages 15,000,000 gigabytes of production data, and supports more than two hundred million users per day. The brand-new IBM IMS Version 9 is not just the world's #1 platform for very large online transaction processing: it integrates with Web application server technology to enable tomorrow's most powerful Web-based applications. Now, for the first time in many years, there's a completely up-to-date guide to understanding IMS in your business environment.
An Introduction to IMS covers
- Installing and configuring IMS Version 9
- Understanding and implementing the IMS hierarchical database model
- Understanding and working with the IMS Transaction Manager
- Mastering core application programming concepts, including program structure and IMS control blocks
- Taking advantage of IMS 9 Java programming enhancements
- Working with the IMS Master Terminal
- Administering IMS: system definition, customization, logging, security, operations, and more
- Running IMS in a Parallel Sysplex(r) environment
Whether you've spent a career running IMS or you are encountering IMS for the first time, this book delivers the insights and skills you need to succeed--as an application designer, developer, or administrator.