If a digital camera can do it, you can do it, too...
Good photography is more art than science. You need to know not only the hardware and software, but also how to compose a photo, edit and improve the images you get, and take pictures that achieve your objectives. From choosing a digital camera to taking shots that tell a story to enhancing your boss’s image, you’ll consult this desktop reference many times over.
Inside, you’ll find what you need to know about digital photography
About the Author
- Determine what you need in a digital camera and choose the right one
- Improve or repair photos with image editing software
- Understand the workflow of the digital photography process
- Use lenses, focal length, aperture settings, and shutter speed to create professional effects
- Discover the secrets of taking great portraits and photographing sporting events, landscapes, and nature
- Become skilled at image management and RAW conversion
- Develop effective methods of cataloging, storing, and publishing digital images
- Find out how to take good photos when taking pictures is only part of your job
is a contributing author for Digital Photography All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
He is also a regular contributor to the Growing Edge
Dan has more than 25 years experience as a journalist and photographer. He began his career as a Navy journalist with assignments aboard several ships, and in Norfolk, VA, Dededo, Guam, and McMurdo Station, Antarctica. After leaving the service in 1990, Dan worked as a river guide and photographer on Pennsylvania’s Lehigh River. During the past 10 years, he’s worked as a writer and photographer for several Pennsylvania and New Jersey newspapers, including the Wilkes-Barre Times Leader
(Hazelton edition) and Allentown Morning Call
His writing and photography have appeared in numerous books, magazines, web sites, and newspapers, including: The New York Times;
ESPN; National Geographic Reference Atlas of North American Birds
, Fifth Edition; Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal; Baltimore Daily Record; Tri-State Real Estate Journal; Corridor Real Estate Journal; All Hands
magazine; Army Times; Gloucester County Times; White Haven Journal Herald; Butler Eagle;
www.greenworks.tv; and http://www.drexel.edu/doj/gallery.asp
Dan is currently working on a master’s degree in communications from Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA). Dan holds a bachelor’s degree in general studies (design arts) from Drexel and an associate’s in computer graphic arts from Gloucester County College (Sewell, NJ). He is also a graduate of the military’s Defense Information School (Information Specialist Journalist and Broadcaster and Intermediate Photojournalism).