"One stop shopping for J2EE."
– Scott Ambler, Senior Consultant, Ronin International, Inc. and Author of Agile Modeling
If Java 2 Enterprise Edition 1.4 can do it, you can do it too...
You already know that Java 2 Enterprise Edition 1.4 makes your enterprise services more cost-effective, more adaptable, more versatile, and more responsive to the needs of your customers. To get you up to speed on J2EE 1.4, a crack team of experts has packed this comprehensive volume with clear instructions and vendor-neutral, real-world solutions you can use in your enterprise. Everything you need to turn on J2EE power is right here.
Inside, you’ll find complete coverage of Java 2 Enterprise Edition 1.4
- Apply J2EE in presentation, enterprise information system (EIS), service, and data tiers of the enterprise
- Understand XML parsers, transformation, and cascading style sheets
- Examine application servers and see how different vendors compare in key areas
- Expand your knowledge of JSP™ basics and tag extensions
- Discover how the Java Naming and Directory Interface™ (JNDI) is used to store credit card information or resolve IP addresses to DNS
- Apply Java Cryptography Extensions (JCE) to protect sensitive data
- Gain a thorough understanding of how J2EE works with SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI
- Explore patterns for each tier, such as MVC, Service Locator, and Data Access Object
- Use ANT to develop a repeatable build and deployment process