"One stop shopping for J2EE."
– Scott Ambler, Senior Consultant, Ronin International, Inc. and Author of Agile Modeling
If Java 2 Enterprise Edition 1.4 can do it, you can do it too...
You already know that Java 2 Enterprise Edition 1.4 makes your enterprise services more cost-effective, more adaptable, more versatile, and more responsive to the needs of your customers. To get you up to speed on J2EE 1.4, a crack team of experts has packed this comprehensive volume with clear instructions and vendor-neutral, real-world solutions you can use in your enterprise. Everything you need to turn on J2EE power is right here.
Inside, you’ll find complete coverage of Java 2 Enterprise Edition 1.4
- Apply J2EE in presentation, enterprise information system (EIS), service, and data tiers of the enterprise
- Understand XML parsers, transformation, and cascading style sheets
- Examine application servers and see how different vendors compare in key areas
- Expand your knowledge of JSP™ basics and tag extensions
- Discover how the Java Naming and Directory Interface™ (JNDI) is used to store credit card information or resolve IP addresses to DNS
- Apply Java Cryptography Extensions (JCE) to protect sensitive data
- Gain a thorough understanding of how J2EE works with SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI
- Explore patterns for each tier, such as MVC, Service Locator, and Data Access Object
- Use ANT to develop a repeatable build and deployment process
International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences (9 vol. set)
Late in 2004 I received a telephone call from Hélène Potter, director of new product development for Macmillan Reference USA—an imprint of Gale. I did not realize immediately that it was the telephone call that would shape a large share of my intellectual activity for the next three years. In fact, I recall hearing about a...
Virtualization, A Beginners Guide
Migrate to a dynamic, on-demand data delivery platform
"If you're looking to hit the ground running with any virtualization project, large or small, this book is going to give you the start you need, and along the way will offer you some cautionary tales that will even take some seasoned...
Brad's Sure Guide to SQL Server Maintenance Plans (DBA Handbooks)
Millions of SQL Server instances run in the offices of small and medium-sized organizations and there are many "accidental" DBAs out there whose job it is to maintain them. Often, they find that they don't have the knowledge, experience, or critically the time, to perform the correct level of maintenance on their SQL Server...
About This Book