"One stop shopping for J2EE."
– Scott Ambler, Senior Consultant, Ronin International, Inc. and Author of Agile Modeling
If Java 2 Enterprise Edition 1.4 can do it, you can do it too...
You already know that Java 2 Enterprise Edition 1.4 makes your enterprise services more cost-effective, more adaptable, more versatile, and more responsive to the needs of your customers. To get you up to speed on J2EE 1.4, a crack team of experts has packed this comprehensive volume with clear instructions and vendor-neutral, real-world solutions you can use in your enterprise. Everything you need to turn on J2EE power is right here.
Inside, you’ll find complete coverage of Java 2 Enterprise Edition 1.4
- Apply J2EE in presentation, enterprise information system (EIS), service, and data tiers of the enterprise
- Understand XML parsers, transformation, and cascading style sheets
- Examine application servers and see how different vendors compare in key areas
- Expand your knowledge of JSP™ basics and tag extensions
- Discover how the Java Naming and Directory Interface™ (JNDI) is used to store credit card information or resolve IP addresses to DNS
- Apply Java Cryptography Extensions (JCE) to protect sensitive data
- Gain a thorough understanding of how J2EE works with SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI
- Explore patterns for each tier, such as MVC, Service Locator, and Data Access Object
- Use ANT to develop a repeatable build and deployment process
The Theory of Spinors Describes orthgonal and related Lie groups, using real or complex parameters and indefinite metrics. Develops theory of spinors by giving a purely geometric definition of these mathematical entities. Covers generalities on the group of rotations in n-dimensional space, the theory of spinors in spaces of any number of dimensions and much more.
Process/Industrial Instruments and Controls Handbook, 5th Edition The latest methods for increasing process efficiency, production rate, and quality. Award-winning editor Greg McMillan has loaded Process/Industrial Instruments and Controls Handbook, Fifth Edition, with advice from top technical experts to help you tackle process instrument and control assignments confidently and solve problems efficiently. This...
Microsoft C# Professional Projects Use C# to accomplish real-world, professional tasks. C# Professional Projects is your key to unlocking the power of C#. Each project focuses on a specific concept and is based on a real-world situation. Enhance your skills as you work through six projects including creating a customer maintenance system, an employee record system, a creative... Computer Science Handbook, Second Edition
The second edition of this elemental handbook reviews the current state of theory and practice in the field while emphasizing a more practical/applied approach to IT topics such as information management, net-centric computing, and human computer interaction. With a complete revision of its sections on software engineering, architecture, and...
Mucosal Immunology and Virology
An understanding of virus infection and the underlying role of the immune system in protection against these diseases is vital in today’s medical climate. Previously, only symptoms could be treated, as there were no antiviral therapies. The increasing amounts of research and the huge number of discoveries of immunologic agents and...