Java For Artists: The Art, Philosophy, And Science Of Object-Oriented Programming towers head and shoulders above ordinary introductory Java texts in its comprehensive coverage and audacious style. Java For Artists is the only book of its kind that succinctly address the art, philosophy, and science of Java and object-oriented programming. The authors, both certified Java developers, are uniquely qualified to present material other books shy away from or ignore completely. Java For Artists will help you smash through the barriers preventing you form mastering the complexities of object-oriented programming in Java. Start taming complexity now! Read Java For Artists today - energize your programming skills for life!
Features and Benefits
- Supercharge your creative energy by recognizing and utilizing the power of the "flow"
- Learn a development cycle you can actually use at work
- Comprehensive programming project walk-through shows you how to apply the development cycle
- Project Approach Strategy helps you maintain programming project momentum
- Java Student Survival Guide helps you tackle any project thrown at you
- Apply real-world programming techniques to produce professional code
- In-depth coverage of arrays eliminates their mystery
- Create complex GUIs using Swing components
- Learn the secrets of thread programming to create multi-threaded applications
- Master the complexities of Java generics and learn how to create generic methods
- Discover three object-oriented design principles that will greatly improve your software architectures
- Learn how to design with inheritance and composition to create flexible and reliable software
- Create well-behaved Java objects that can be used predictably and reliably in Java applications
- Master the use of the singleton, factory, model-view-controller, and command software design patterns
- Reinforce your learning with the help of chapter learning objectives, skill-building exercises, suggested projects, and self-test questions
- Packed with 134 tables, 477 figures, and 410 code examples containing over 7500 lines of code
- All code examples were compiled, executed, and tested before being used in the book to ensure quality
- And much, much, more...!
Basic Photographic Materials and Processes, Third Edition "This is the most understandable broad coverage of the material on the market... I will continue using this title until next edition or if another publisher comes out with a better title (but I doubt that)."
"No question, content wise this one tops most pubs on the subject."
"Having taken the...
SalonOvations' Guide to Aromatherapy
Here's the first and only book on aromatherapy solely devoted to the beauty industry. Designed for all skill levels, it offers a full spectrum of non-product specific recipes, definitions, and tried-and-true techniques in the hair, skin, and nail products commonly used by cosmetologists and helps you determine which mixtures of various...
Beginning Java Game Development with LibGDX
Design and create video games using Java, with the LibGDX software library. By reading Beginning Java Game Development with LibGDX, you will learn how to design video game programs and how to build them in Java. You will be able to create your own 2D games, using various hardware for input (keyboard/mouse, gamepad controllers, or...
Building Applications and Components with Visual Basic .NET
Building Applications and Components with Visual Basic .NET is the Visual Basic developer's guide to the .NET framework and object-oriented programming.
The authors introduce the basic architecture of the .NET Framework and explore Visual Basic .NET's new OOP...
Foundations for Guided-Wave Optics
A classroom-tested introduction to integrated and fiber optics
This text offers an in-depth treatment of integrated and fiber optics, providing graduate students, engineers, and scientists with a solid foundation of the principles, capabilities, uses, and limitations of guided-wave optic devices and systems. In addition to...