Ruskeepaa gives a general introduction to the most recent versions of Mathematica, the symbolic computation software from Wolfram. The book emphasizes graphics, methods of applied mathematics and statistics, and programming.
Mathematica Navigator can be used both as a tutorial and as a handbook. While no previous experience with Mathematica is required, most chapters also include advanced material, so that the book will be a valuable resource for both beginners and experienced users.
- Covers both Mathematica 6 and Mathematica 7
- The book, fully revised and updated, is based on Mathematica 6
- The CD-ROM contains material about the new properties of Mathematica 7
- With the CD-ROM, the entire book and the material about Mathematica 7 can be installed into the help system of Mathematica
- Comprehensive coverage from basic, introductory information through to more advanced topics
- Studies several real data sets (included in the CD-ROM) and many classical mathematical models
More than 50 percent new and revised content for today's Linux environment gets you up and running in no time!
Linux continues to be an excellent, low-cost alternative to expensive operating systems. Whether you're new to Linux or need a reliable update and reference, this is an excellent resource. Veteran bestselling...
Risk, Complexity and ICT This book explores the challenges regarding risks and risk management related to the growing complexity of ICT solutions.
The main argument of the book is that the complexity of ICT solutions has continued to grow throughout the history of ICT, and that it has now reached a level that goes beyond our current understanding of...
Oracle Warehouse Builder 11g R2: Getting Started 2011
Competing in today's world requires a greater emphasis on strategy, long-range planning, and decision making, and this is why businesses are building data warehouses. Data warehouses are becoming more and more common as businesses have realized the need to mine the information that is stored in electronic form. Data warehouses provide...
Medical Response to Terrorism: Preparedness and Clinical Practice
Even two decades ago, few would have imagined that terrorism would be planned and carried out on such an enormous scale as it is today. Terrorist attacks rely on horror and surprise, invoking different times, places, victims, and methods. Their purpose is to cause widespread confusion, fear, injury, and death. They disrupt security,...