Official Microsoft study guide for the skills you need on the job—and on the exam.
Learn how to set up and support the Windows® XP Professional operating system—and prepare for the Microsoft® Certified Professional (MCP) exam—with this official Microsoft study guide. Work at your own pace through a system of lessons and hands-on exercises to gain practical experience installing, configuring, and administering Windows XP Professional. As you build these real-world system support skills, you’re also preparing for MCP Exam 70-270—a core requirement on the MCSE/MCSA tracks.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN.
• Implementing Windows XP Professional, including automated and remote installations
• Configuring the desktop environment—from user accounts to multiple-language support
• Installing and supporting hardware devices and drivers
• Administering resources such as shared folders, file systems, and network printers
• Configuring and troubleshooting network protocols and services—including TCP/IP, Internet Information Services, and remote access
• Optimizing memory, processor, and application performance
• Managing security—Group Policy, Encrypting File System (EFS), NTFS permissions
• Backing up and restoring files and system state data
HERE’S WHAT’S INSIDE.
• Comprehensive self-paced training manual that maps to MCP exam goals and objectives
• Skill-building exercises for learning you can apply to the job
• Lesson summaries and review questions to help gauge your progress
• Interactive animations of the automated setup and boot process, fully simulated installation, and demonstrations of key exercises
• Sample Readiness Review practice-test questions, Microsoft Encyclopedia of Networking eBook, and complete training kit on CD-ROM
HTML5 Games Most Wanted: Build the Best HTML5 Games
HTML5 Games Most Wanted gathers the top HTML5 games developers and reveals the passion they all share for creating and coding great games. You'll learn programming tips, tricks, and optimization techniques alongside real-world code examples that you can use in your own projects. You won't just make...
Handbook of Magnetic Materials, Volume 21
Over the last few decades magnetism has seen an enormous expansion into a variety of different areas of research, notably the magnetism of several classes of novel materials that share with truly ferromagnetic materials only the presence of magnetic moments.
Volume 21 of the Handbook of Magnetic Materials, like the...
Compilers: Principles, Techniques, & Tools with Gradiance (pkg) (2nd Edition)
In the time since the 1986 edition of this book, the world of compiler design
has changed significantly. Programming languages have evolved to present new
compilation problems. Computer architectures offer a variety of resources of
which the compiler designer must take advantage. Perhaps most interestingly,
Hands-On Guide to Windows Media Hands-On Guide to Windows Media is a practical guide that teaches how to distribute audio and video efficiently and effectively over computer networks.
This book enables you to get up and running quickly and focuses on one of the most popular tools in the streaming media universe, Windows Media. This book will help you to understand the...
Server Load Balancing This book is meant to be a resource for anyone involved in the design, production, overseeing, or troubleshooting of a site that employs server load balancing (SLB). Managers and other high-level people can use this book to improve their understanding of the overall technology. Engineers and site architects can use this book to give insight into... Bioinformatics Research and Development: First International Conference, BIRD 2007, Berlin, Germany, March 12-14, 2007, Proceedings This volume contains the papers which were selected for oral presentation at the first Bioinformatics Research and Development (BIRD) conference held in Berlin, Germany during March 12-14, 2007. BIRD covers a wide range of topics related to bioinformatics like microarray data, genomics, single nucleotide polymorphism, sequence analysis, systems...