This book is a part of ICL new book series “ICL Contribution to Landslide Disaster Risk Reduction” founded in 2019. Peer-reviewed papers submitted to the Fifth World Landslide Forum were published in six volumes of this book series. This book contains the followings:
• Five keynote lectures
• Recent development in physical modeling of landslides
• Recent development in numerical modeling of landslides
• Recent development in soil and rock testing techniques, application and analysis methods
• Recent advancements in the methods of slope stability and deformation analyses
• Recent development in disaster risk assessment
Prof. Binod Tiwari is a Vice President of the International Consortium on Landslides (ICL). He is the Associate Vice President for research and sponsored project and Professor of civil and environmental engineering at the California State University, Fullerton, California, USA.
Prof. Kyoji Sassa is the Founding President and the Secretary-General of the International Consortium on Landslides (ICL). He has been the Editor-in-Chief of International Journal Landslides since its foundation in 2004.
Prof. Peter Bobrowsky is the President of the International Consortium on Landslides. He is a Senior Scientist of Geological Survey of Canada, Ottawa, Canada.
Prof. Kaoru Takara is the Executive Director of the International Consortium on Landslides. He is a Professor and Dean of Graduate School of Advanced Integrated Studies (GSAIS) in Human Survivability (Shishu-Kan), Kyoto University.