The ultimate clinical companion: know what the experts know -- and make it part of your practice!
In this trusted text, you'll find the most current insights into symptoms, signs, epidemiology, etiology, and treatment for over 1,000 diseases and disorders. Turn to any topic, and you'll find on-the-spot answers to your questions for both hospital and ambulatory medicine. This streamlined, authoritative reference gets you up to speed-fast-on the latest medical advances, prevention strategies, cost-effective treatments, and more. No wonder it's the most popular annually updated text in internal medicine!
CURRENT Medicine in the right dose: exactly what you need for optimum patient care - in exactly the right amount of information
- Comprehensive coverage of inpatient and outpatient care, highlighting only the diagnostic and treatment tools pertinent to your practice
- A-to-Z overview of internal medicine and primary care topics from gynecology and neurology to toxicology and urology
- Only text with an annual HIV infection update
- “Essentials of Diagnosis” for most diseases/disorders
- Hundreds of drug treatment tables, with indexed trade names and updated prices-plus helpful diagnostic and treatment algorithms
- Recent references with PMID numbers for fast access to abstracts or full-text articles
Evidence-based standards for 1,000+ diseases and disorders
New to this edition:
About the Author
- New 8-page color insert
- Extensively revised chapters on Ear, Nose and Throat; Hypertension; Disorders of the Blood Vessels and Lymphatics; and Protozoal and Helmithic Diseases
- Updated chapter on preventive medicine emphasizes disease prevention and health promotion
- Revamped cancer chapter delivers the very latest treatment advances
- Common Symptoms chapter expanded to provide more information on treatment
- Reworked chapter on end-of-life now addresses palliative care and pain management
Stephen J. McPhee, M.D.; Maxine A. Papadakis, M.D.; and Lawrence M.Tierney, Jr., M.D. are all professors of medicine at the University of California, San Francisco.