Maximize the New and Improved Management Capabilities
Install, configure, and administer Oracle Application Server 10g and take full advantage of its flexible architecture. This exclusive Oracle Press book explains how to manage business applications, portals, and Web sites in the grid computing environment. You’ll learn how to use all the administration features to their full potential, streamline management, improve resource utilization, and deliver higher functionality in the enterprise.
- Configure and manage the Oracle Application Server 10g infrastructure
- Administer and maintain the Oracle HTTP Server (OHS)
- Minimize the transmission of redundant data using the Oracle Application Server 10g Web Cache
- Configure the server to support Java and J2EE applications
- Handle backup and recovery
- Manage Oracle Container for Java (OC4J) with Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Connect applications to the database using JDBC, TopLink, and Entity Enterprise JavaBeans
- Take advantage of the built-in high availability features
- Monitor, tune, and load balance the server
- Implement security measures in all server components
About the Author
Don Burleson (Kittrell, NC) has 20 years of experience as a database administrator and has written 9 books on database management including Oracle SAP Administration (O¿Reilly), High-Performance Oracle8 Tuning, High-Performance Oracle Data Warehousing, High-Performance Oracle Database Applications (Coriolis) and Oracle8 Tuning, German Edition (Sybex). Don has taught more than 100 University courses and regularly conducts in-house Oracle training.