Have you been caught yet?
They don't just want to know who you are, they want to BE who you are. By duplicating a legitimate website, phishers can convince you that email asking for your personal information came from your bank, an online retailer, even your ISP. Their high-tech identity theft costs American consumers and businesses billions, and if you access the Internet, you're a target. Whether you manage corporate security or just shop online, this book is loaded with weapons you can't afford to be without.
About the Author
- Be able to identify and avoid phishing emails and websites
- Recognize spyware, understand how it benefits phishers, and learn how to get rid of it
- Take appropriate steps to safeguard your organization against attack
- Learn how to protect yourself online
- Find out how to report phishing incidents, and why you should
- Understand the scope of phishing and how it threatens our online infrastructure
- Explore additional resources that will keep you up to date
- Discover how to get off the hook if you've already swallowed the bait
works as a technical writer in the information security department of a major U.S. financial institution. She has documented too many phishing cases to count.
Russell Dean Vines is a best-selling author and president of The RDV Group, a security services firm. He is a specialist in cyber counter-terrorism and a consultant on security vulnerabilities.