It’s sometimes said that the true job of an Oracle database administrator can be summed up in one, essential skill: to be able to recover your database.
There’s much wisdom in that statement. Of all the things you are responsible for as a database administrator, nothing is more important than the data itself. Like it or not, the fearsome responsibility of protecting your organization's most critical data falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that data and your company could fail.
- Lose that data and you could be out of a job.
Scared? You should be. But there's help. You are not alone. Oracle experts Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come together in this book to show you the power of Recovery Manager, or RMAN, which is Oracle's backup and recovery tool of choice. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g helps you take advantage of all that RMAN has to offer by providing easy-to-understand solutions to business-critical backup and recovery operations. This handy guide
- Demystifies the steps required to protect your business data
- Provides ready-made and step-by-step solutions to simple and complex backup, restore, and recovery operations
- Is task-oriented, making it easy for you to find the solution to pressing backup and recovery problems
- Respects your time by providing example-based solutions, not endless reading material
When the pressure’s on, you don't have time for long discussions of theory. This book gets right to the point with quick and easy-to-read, step-by-step solutions that can help you backup and recover your data with confidence.