Whether you're a long-time DB2 UDB professional or an experienced DBA who's migrated from another database platform, there's one sure way to demonstrate the highest level of skills in DB2 Universal Database administration: pass the challenging IBM DB2 Universal Database Advanced Database Administration Exam 704.
Now, there's a definitive guide to advanced DB2 UDB database administration that also delivers all the depth and insight you need to prepare for the tough new IBM exam. Straight from the DB2 experts at IBM, this book offers systematic and authoritative coverage of every exam objective and will serve as a reference after you have passed the test.
For the first time, this book brings together IBM best practices, techniques, tips, guidelines, and rules of thumb for virtually every aspect of advanced DB2 UDB v8 database administration-including all this and more:
About the Author
- Ability to design, create, and manage table spaces
- Ability to design, create, and manage buffer pools
- When and how to exploit parallelism in DB2 UDB
- Configuring federated database access
- Designing and implementing a backup and recovery strategy
- Ability to implement a standby database
- Monitoring and tuning DB2
- Using and managing tables with multidimensional clustering
- Designing and configuring multiple database partitions
- Implementing authentication and encryption on a large scale
- Leveraging parallelism and symmetric multiprocessing
- Preparing for and executing recovery in an enterprise environment
- Rapid recovery in the event of table space or table level disasters
- Effective monitoring and problem determination
- Maximizing performance and scalability
DWAINE R. SNOW has twelve years of experience implementing and tuning DB2 to support workloads from Web-based transactions up to multiterabyte data warehouses. Snow is the product manager for DB2 partitioned databases and is co-author of The DB2 Cluster Certification Guide.
THOMAS X. PHAN is an IBM Certified I/T Specialist in the IBM Data Management Consulting practice with over thirteen years of data processing experience. He specializes in relational database-related services including application design, logical and physical database design, and performance and tuning on numerous DB2 UDB platforms.