Official self-study test preparation guide for the CCIE Security written exam
Review all CCIE Security written exam topics, including:
- Switching concepts, routing protocols, and WAN protocols, including PPP, ISDN, and Frame Relay
- DNS, TFTP, Secure Shell, Secure Socket Layer Protocol, NTP, and SNMP
- Cisco IOS(r) Software specifics, including password security, password recovery, and standard and extended access lists
- Encryption technologies and security protocols, including TACACS+, RADIUS, and KerberosWindows and UNIX operating system security issues
- Cisco security applications, including Cisco PIX(r) Firewall, VPN, IDS, and Cisco Policy Manager
- Basic security methods and the evolution of new secure networks including packet filtering, proxies, and NAT/PAT
- Network security policies, vulnerabilities, and protection techniques
With increased reliance on networking resources to provide productivity gains and corporate revenue contributions, the need for network security has never been higher. Rising concerns over corporate espionage, cyber-terrorism, financial fraud, and theft of proprietary information have radically increased the demand for highly skilled networking security professionals. One of the most sought-after and highly valued networking certifications, the Cisco Systems CCIE Security certification is answering the need for technical expertise in this critical market by distinguishing the top echelon of internetworking experts.
CCIE Security Exam Certification Guide is a comprehensive study tool for the Security written exam. Written and reviewed by members of the CCIE Security team at Cisco, this book helps you understand and master the material you will need to know to pass the written exam. Designed to optimize your study time, this book helps you assess your knowledge of the material at the beginning of each chapter with customized quizzes for each topic. Increase retention of key concepts by reviewing summaries of crucial concepts. Test your comprehension with chapter-ending review questions. Determine your assimilation of knowledge and get a taste for the CCIE Security lab exam with two complete practice lab scenarios focused on security and routing and switching topics. Take timed practice exams that mimic the real testing environment with the CD-ROM test engine or customize the test bank to focus on the topics for which you need the most help. Along with an electronic version of the text, a complete copy of Henry Benjamin's previously published CCIE Routing and Switching Exam Cram is also presented on the CD-ROM as an additional bonus.
CCIE Security Exam Certification Guide is part of a recommended study program from Cisco Systems that can include simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
"This book will be a valuable asset for potential CCIE Security candidates. I am positive individuals will inevitably gain extensive security network knowledge during their preparation by using this book."
-Gert De Laet, Product Manager, CCIE Security, Cisco Systems, Inc.
CD contains a test engine with over 300 questions, lab equipment suggestions, sample configurations, and a bonus electronic copy of the complete CCIE Routing and Switching Exam Cram text.