Here's the book you need to prepare for the challenging CISSP exam from (ISC)2. This revised edition was developed to meet the exacting requirements of today's security certification candidates. In addition to the consistent and accessible instructional approach that earned Sybex the "Best Study Guide" designation in the 2003 CertCities Readers Choice Awards, this book provides:
You'll find authoritative coverage of key exam topics including:
- Clear and concise information on critical security technologies and topics
- Practical examples and insights drawn from real-world experience
- Leading-edge exam preparation software, including a testing engine and electronic flashcards for your Palm
About the Author
- Access Control Systems & Methodology
- Applications & Systems Development
- Business Continuity Planning
- Law, Investigation & Ethics
- Operations Security
- Physical Security
- Security Architecture & Models
- Security Management Practices
- Telecommunications, Network & Internet Security
Ed Tittel, CISSP, is the president and founder of LANWrights authoring group, and has been writing computer books since 1987. James Michael Stewart, CISSP, is a full-time writer, trainer, and researcher for LANWrights, Inc. He has written articles for numerous publications, including C Net, InfoWorld, and Windows NT Magazine.
When Does Terrorism Work? (Extremism and Democracy)
This book examines the question of when terrorism works. Determining if political violence is effective and, if at all possible, when it is effective, is vital for both intellectual and practical reasons. The volume contains chapters from scholars who have been at the forefront of the efficaciousness debate and argues that terrorism...
Longman Student Grammar of Spoken and Written English
* Examines patterns of use in the news, fiction and academic English
* Takes grammar and vocabulary together and looks at how they interact
* Is based on the analysis of 40-million words of British and American, written and spoken corpus text
* Uses over 3000 examples of real, corpus English to illustrate the...
Game Design Secrets
Design great Facebook, iOS, and Web games and learn from the experts what makes a game a hit!
This invaluable resource shows how to put into action the proven design and marketing techniques from the industry's best game designers, who all started on a small scale. The book walks novice and experienced game designers...
Tabletops - Horizontal Interactive Displays (Human-Computer Interaction Series)
This book is an attempt to bring together current research in the domain of interactive
horizontal displays. The book integrates and summarises findings from the
most important international tabletop research teams. It provides a state-of-the-art
overview and allows for the discussion of emerging and future directions in research