Compressed Video Communications addresses the compression and transmission of coded video streams over mobile IP networks. By analysing a broad spectrum of compression techniques and error resilience algorithms this book provides realistic solutions to the problems of quality degradation and transmission error.
- Discussion of the real-time transmission of coded video streams over mobile IP packet networks such as GPRS and UMTS, at both application and transport level.
- Descriptions of relevant rate control schemes such as bit rate regulation, scaleability and resolution reduction.
- Evaluation of the performance of compression techniques and comparison of available video coding standards.
- Comprehensive overview of homogeneous and heterogeneous video transcoding algorithms and error resilient transcoders.
- Examination of error control in video communications including coverage of error resilience and decoder-based error concealment.
- Accompanying CD-ROM containing 50 video clips illustrating the temporal and spatial quality achieved by the compression techniques outlined in the text.
Highlighting the quality of service issues associated with transmission over mobile networks, Compressed Video Communication
s is an essential guide for communications engineers and multimedia systems designers. This overview of the basic technologies and applications of digital video compression will also appeal to researchers and graduate students in the field.
The Art of Assembly Language
Assembly is a low-level programming language that's one step above a computer's native machine language. Although assembly language is commonly used for writing device drivers, emulators, and video games, many programmers find its somewhat unfriendly syntax intimidating to learn and use.
Since 1996, Randall Hyde's...
Hacking Ubuntu: Serious Hacks Mods and Customizations (ExtremeTech)
You've just gotta love Ubuntu; it's an irresistible package of usability, security, and support features. But a power user like you is just itching to teach it some new tricks. Show it how to play nicely with other systems. Develop its multitasking and communication skills. Free its inner video and graphics talents. And make sure that when it...
Embedded Computer Systems: Architectures, Modeling, and Simulation: 8th International Workshop, SAMOS 2008, Samos, Greece, July 21-24, 2008, Proceedings This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the 8th International Workshop on Systems, Architectures, Modeling, and Simulation, SAMOS 2008, held in Samos, Greece, in July 2008.
The 24 revised full papers presented together with a contamplative keynote and additional papers of two special workshop sessions were carefully reviewed and...
Microsoft .NET Framework Security (One Off)
Today, computing is dynamic and global. It is no longer practical to input or access data from a single computer. Microsoft .NET Framework allows you to use the same data for various digital devices. However, accessibility can lead to breaches in security. Therefore, this platform also provides several mechanisms for administrators and...
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
Microsoft Outlook 2003 is a personal information manager that allows users to communicate throughout the office or over the Internet with e-mail, schedule meetings, create task lists, and keep track of all important appointments.
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft...
Remote Sensing (SpringerBriefs in Space Development)
Remote Sensing provides information on how remote sensing relates to the natural resources inventory, management, and monitoring, as well as environmental concerns. It explains the role of this new technology in current global challenges. "Remote Sensing" will discuss remotely sensed data application payloads and...