Compressed Video Communications addresses the compression and transmission of coded video streams over mobile IP networks. By analysing a broad spectrum of compression techniques and error resilience algorithms this book provides realistic solutions to the problems of quality degradation and transmission error.
- Discussion of the real-time transmission of coded video streams over mobile IP packet networks such as GPRS and UMTS, at both application and transport level.
- Descriptions of relevant rate control schemes such as bit rate regulation, scaleability and resolution reduction.
- Evaluation of the performance of compression techniques and comparison of available video coding standards.
- Comprehensive overview of homogeneous and heterogeneous video transcoding algorithms and error resilient transcoders.
- Examination of error control in video communications including coverage of error resilience and decoder-based error concealment.
- Accompanying CD-ROM containing 50 video clips illustrating the temporal and spatial quality achieved by the compression techniques outlined in the text.
Highlighting the quality of service issues associated with transmission over mobile networks, Compressed Video Communication
s is an essential guide for communications engineers and multimedia systems designers. This overview of the basic technologies and applications of digital video compression will also appeal to researchers and graduate students in the field.
Perl Testing: A Developer's Notebook
Is there any sexier topic in software development than software testing? That is, besides game programming, 3D graphics, audio, high-performance clustering, cool websites, et cetera? Okay, so software testing is low on the list. And that's unfortunate, because good software testing can increase your productivity, improve your...
CCNA Exploration Course Booklet: LAN Switching and Wireless, Version 4.0
The Cisco CCNA Exploration curriculum provides a comprehensive overview of networking, from fundamentals to advanced applications and services. This course emphasizes theoretical concepts and practical application, giving you hands-on skills for designing, installing, operating, and maintaining real-world networks. While...
Flex 3 in Action New Web applications require engaging user-friendly interfaces-and the cooler, the better. With Flex 3, Web developers at any skill level can create high-quality, effective, and interactive Rich Internet Applications (RIAs) quickly and easily. Flex removes the complexity barrier from RIA development by offering sophisticated tools and a...
Introduction to Biometrics
A number of crucial societal applications like international border crossing, electronic
commerce, and welfare disbursement require reliable person recognition systems.
Traditional person authentication methods based on passwords and identity
documents often fail to meet the stringent security and performance demands of
these... Using Websphere Studio Asset Analyzer (IBM Redbooks)
This IBM Redbook describes the functions, features, and uses of IBM WebSphere Studio Asset Analyzer for Multiplatforms Version 2 Release 2.
Part 1 presents a general overview of the product. In this part, we provide you with an introduction to the product by showing you key elements of the Web browser interface.
Part 2 presents...
Scholarship in the Digital Age: Information, Infrastructure, and the Internet Scholars in all fields are taking advantage of the wealth of online information, tools, and services to ask new questions, create new kinds of scholarly products, and reach new audiences. The Internet lies at the core of an advanced scholarly information infrastructure to facilitate distributed, data- and information-intensive collaborative...