Modern engineering systems are complex and multi-faceted, and must be flexible, adaptable, and fully integrated with the supply chain and other stakeholders to deliver an effective level of performance. Therefore, this book aims to create an operational view and new understanding of modern system design, commissioning, operation, services and support. It includes system of systems modelling and analysis techniques essential to develop whole of system in view of essential requirements. This book will address professional engineers/operations managers required to design, develop, implement and operate a complex socio-technical system containing many engineering systems.
• Develops a holistic view of system of systems from all possible fields of interest
• Introduces the idea of system configurability to understand system of systems in parallel with the typical, classical concepts of engineering systems design
• Offers effective coverage of both the engineering aspects and operational aspects of systems of systems
• Focuses on pragmatic viewpoints on how to analyze system of systems
• Provides practical tools and methods for the readers to develop competence to configure and operate system of systems