See eXtreme Programming (XP) in action at the hands of an XP mater—and learn Microsoft .NET and C# programming in the process! In this fast-paced, hands-on exposition, Ron Jeffries—one of the leading voices and practitioner in the XP community—demonstrates that you can write well-designed, resilient code incrementally and safely, while minimizing your investment in speculative up-front design. As Jeffries builds his sample application, you get firsthand insights into what successful XP development looks like, complete with real-world challenges such as the eleventh-hour change order. For further practice and study, you can download all the author’s code—including missteps—so you can see XP and agile concepts in action and assess how they fit into your own work.
Pair program with an XP master, discovering how to:
- Streamline and simplify the software development process
- Work more effectively as part of an XP development team
- Reduce missteps by designing, testing, and refining code in increments
- Receive clearer specifications and feedback from customers
- Write cleaner, more expressive code—and weed out more bugs
- Conserve resources by planning and reassessing progress as you go
- Maintain a sustainable work pace—and avoid burnout
- Step up delivery dates, shipping the most crucial features first
- Improve customer satisfaction!
Six Sigma Software Development, Second Edition Even though Six Sigma programs have successfully been implemented in practice, many IT departments remain skeptical of the process or are unaware of how the tools can be used to improve system development. Removing the mystique surrounding this technique, Six Sigma Software Development, Second Edition demonstrates how Six Sigma tools and concepts... Engineering Secure Software and Systems: Third International Symposium
It is our pleasure to welcome you to the third edition of the International Symposium
on Engineering Secure Software and Systems.
This unique event aims at bringing together researchers from software engineering
and security engineering, which might help to unite and further develop
the two communities in this and future...
Security for Telecommunications Networks (Advances in Information Security) Telecommunications networks are a critical component of the economic and social infrastructures in which we live. Each day, well over three billion people across the globe rely upon these systems, as their primary means of connecting to the world around them. Given the significant focus on securing critical infrastructure in recent years,...
Microsoft Office 2007 On Demand How to Use
• Office: Organize information and add impact with clip art, SmartArt diagrams, tables, and charts with a new results-oriented interface
• Word: Create great-looking documents faster...
Website Scraping with Python: Using BeautifulSoup and Scrapy
Closely examine website scraping and data processing: the technique of extracting data from websites in a format suitable for further analysis. You'll review which tools to use, and compare their features and efficiency. Focusing on BeautifulSoup4 and Scrapy, this concise, focused book highlights common problems and suggests...