Pro Ubuntu Server Administration teaches you advanced Ubuntu system building. After reading this book, you will be able to manage anything from simple file servers to multiple virtual servers to high–availability clusters. This is the capstone volume of the Apress Ubuntu trilogy that includes Beginning Ubuntu Linux, Third Edition and Beginning Ubuntu Server LTS Administration: From Novice to Professional, Second Edition. You will be able to make Ubuntu technology shine in a Fortune–500 environment and let Ubuntu server become the backbone of your infrastructure. Topics covered include
- Performance monitoring and optimization
- High–availability clustering
- Advanced LDAP integrated networking
What you’ll learn
- Monitor Ubuntu Server software and the hardware it is running on.
- Make Ubuntu Server fly by careful optimization.
- Learn how to craft high–availability clusters.
- Ease your way into large–scale LDAP networking.
- Acquire the skills to adjust Ubuntu Server to the security needs of a Fortune–500 environment.
- Run your own Ubuntu application server.
Who is this book for?
Anyone who administers Linux servers and wants to know enough about Ubuntu to make it fly
About the Apress Pro Series
The Apress Pro series books are practical, professional tutorials to keep you on and moving up the professional ladder.
You have gotten the job, now you need to hone your skills in these tough competitive times. The Apress Pro series expands your skills and expertise in exactly the areas you need. Master the content of a Pro book, and you will always be able to get the job done in a professional development project. Written by experts in their field, Pro series books from Apress give you the hard–won solutions to problems you will face in your professional programming career.
About the Author
Sander van Vugt is an independent trainer and consultant, living in the Netherlands and working throughout the European Union. He specializes in Linux and Novell systems, and has worked with both for over ten years. Besides being a trainer, he is also an author, having written more than 20 books and hundreds of technical articles. He is a Master Certified Novell Instructor (MCNI) and holds LPIC-1 and -2 certificates, as well as all important Novell certificates.