This guide provides clear, concise instruction and hands-on practice so you get the most out of Office XP. Learn the basics of Outlook, Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Publisher, FrontPage, Project, and Visio, then gain proficiency.
Quick Course in Microsoft Office XP provides clear, concise instruction and hands-on practice to enable you to get the most out of Office XP. Ideal for beginning to intermediate users, this course teaches the basics and then helps you build proficiency:
- Perform tasks that are common to all the Office XP programs, and integrate the Office programs to streamline your work.
- Enter and edit text using Word techniques, organize documents in Outline view, and find and replace words and phrases.
- Use Word’s built-in templates, combine documents, experiment with formatting, including styles, and create and format a table.
- Enter, edit, and format information in an Excel worksheet, and perform simple and complex calculations in a calculation area.
- Work with IF functions and data consolidation in multiple workbooks, and set up links to data on a different worksheet.
- Create, format, and print graphs.
- Create PowerPoint slide show presentations.
- Add clip art, graphics, graphs, and special effects to slides.
- Create an Access database, enter records in tables and forms, and control how data is displayed and entered.
- Establish relationships between Access tables, design a form to enter data, construct queries to extract information, print reports, and create data access pages.
- Use Outlook to manage e-mail messages and store information.
- Learn how to use Outlook’s Calendar and Tasks components to manage your time effectively.