Microsoft .NET Architect Evangelist, Jit Ghosh, presents a practical companion guide to developing rich, interactive web applications with Silverlight 2. Common problems, issues, and every–day scenarios are tackled with a detailed discussion of the solution and ready–made code recipes that will save you hours of coding time.
The recipes included in Silverlight 2 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach have been carefully selected and tested with the professional developer in mind. You’ll find clearly and succinctly stated problems, well–architected solutions, and ample discussion of the code and context so you can see immediately how the solution will support your project.
Enjoy practical coverage of Silverlight development in many projects and contexts, including
- Designing complete, rich, interactive user experiences
- Manipulating content and the runtime environment through the Silverlight Plugin Runtime API
- Consuming, transforming, and displaying content in your Silverlight web application through XML, LINQ–based data access, and isolated storage
- Building custom controls for your Silverlight project
- Integrating rich media, including audio and video, to create a very dynamic user interface and experience
- Using new Silverlight 2 features, including .NET Framework integration, the use of dynamic languages like Python and Ruby in Silverlight development, and digital rights management support
Find instant solutions, comprehensive Silverlight 2 coverage, and time–saving expert advice, all in Silverlight 2 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach.
What you’ll learn
- Working with fundamental aspects of the Silverlight and XAML programming model
- Designing Silverlight user experiences
- Using and changing the Silverlight runtime environment
- Manipulating and taking advantage of browser DOM integration
- Solutions to custom networking and communication scenarios, including messaging and web service integration
- Working with structured data and storage, including using LINQ to access data
- Developing custom controls
- Integrating rich media into your Silverlight application
Who is this book for?
Silverlight 2 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach is for every Silverlight developer. The book covers all aspects of Microsoft Silverlight including the programming model, browser integration, integration with server–side technologies such as web services, and specific sections on rich media integration. All developers and architects looking for a .NET–based platform to deliver rich interactivity and media to their consumers, with deep integration with the rest of their technology stack, will find Silverlight 2 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach a must–have guide.
About the Author
Jit Ghosh is an Industry Architect with the Developer Platform Evangelism team at Microsoft, working on digital media solutions. Jit has over 16 years of solutions architecture and software engineering experience with the last few years focused on the broadcast, digital content publishing and advertising space. You can read more about Jit’s current work at http://blogs.msdn.com/jitghosh.
Rob Cameron is an Industry Architect with the Developer Platform Evangelism team at Microsoft, working on mobility and entertainment solutions. Rob has over 13 years of solutions architecture and software engineering experience with the last few years focused on the internet, mobility, and entertainment space. You can read more about Rob’s current work at http://blogs.msdn.com/robcamer.