No matter what your organization sells, a well-executed commerce solution can extend your business globally, boost profitability, and help you seize new opportunities faster. Drawing from their extensive, in-the-field experience, online business experts Clayton Peddy and Derek Armentrout teach you to quickly build and deploy a scalable, high-performance site using Commerce Server 2002. They detail how to customize your own solution—incorporating components such as product catalog, a shopping cart, user profiles, content management, and data-warehousing and analysis capabilities. You get focused, field-proven techniques and hands-on instruction—along with reusable Code Candy from real-world solutions.
Discover how to:
- Determine the business and technical requirements for your site
- Create and manage user profiles and implement authentication
- Use Microsoft Content Management Server to manage page templates, images, product data, and other resources
- Design product catalogs that are easy to use and manage
- Build the browse, registration, and shopping cart pages
- Exploit little-known pipeline capabilities, such as inventory calculation and third-party order processing
- Capture and analyze data on user demographics and buying patterns
- Create campaigns, promotions, and awards for targeted users
- Manage site operations using the Business Desk modules
- Test, stage, and launch your solution
About the Authors
Clayton C. Peddy and Derek Armentrout of Terrace Consulting have extensive experience building Microsoft Commerce Server solutions for Fortune 500 clients. Both Peddy, a Microsoft Certified Professional, and Armentrout, a Microsoft Certified Solution Developer, worked on the development team for the Microsoft Commerce Server MCP certification exam.