Difference Equations, Second Edition, presents a practical introduction to this important field of solutions for engineering and the physical sciences. Topic coverage includes numerical analysis, numerical methods, differential equations, combinatorics and discrete modeling. A hallmark of this revision is the diverse application to many subfields of mathematics.
* Phase plane analysis for systems of two linear equations
* Use of equations of variation to approximate solutions
* Fundamental matrices and Floquet theory for periodic systems
* LaSalle invariance theorem
* Additional applications: secant line method, Bison problem, juvenile-adult population model, probability theory
* Appendix on the use of Mathematica for analyzing difference equaitons
* Exponential generating functions
* Many new examples and exercises
Mastering Maya 2009
The Ultimate Maya 2009 Resource for Intermediate to Advanced Users
If you already know the basics of Maya, now you can elevate your skills with Maya 2009 and the advanced coverage in this authoritative new reference and tutorial. From modeling, texturing, animation, and visual effects to high-level techniques for film, television, games,...
Do Good Design: How Designers Can Change the World How did design help choose a president?
Why are people buying houses they cannot afford?
Why do U.S. car makers now struggle to compete? Why do we really have an environmental crisis?
Design matters. Like never before.
Disarming the weapons of mass deception.
Acute Aortic Disease (Fundamental and Clinical Cardiology)
Covering the pathophysiology, imaging, diagnosis, and treatment of a variety of aortic aneurysms and dissections, this source helps physicians effectively examine and evaluate affected individuals in clinical or emergency care settings. Offering a wide array of illustrations, x-rays, and operative photographs to emphasize key anatomic...