Sam Alapati’s Expert Oracle Database 11g Administration is a comprehensive handbook for Oracle database administrators (DBAs) using the latest release of the Oracle Database (Oracle Database 11g). All key aspects of database administration are covered, including backup and recovery, day–to–day administration and monitoring, performance tuning, and more. This is the one book to have on your desk as a continual reference. Refer to it frequently. It’ll help you get the job done.
- Comprehensive handbook for Oracle DBAs. Covers all major aspects of database administration.
- Tests and explains in detail key DBA commands.
- Offers primers on Linux/Unix, data modeling, SQL, and PL/SQL.
What you’ll learn
- Prepare an environment for Oracle. Configure the system. Install the software. Create a database.
- Monitor your database environment day–to–day with confidence that you will detect and resolve problems before they become emergencies.
- Get the most out of Oracle Database 11g by taking full advantage of its management features and cutting–edge technologies.
- Back up your database and be able to recover it if needed.
- Secure your database, in terms of both regulatory compliance and user management.
- Troubleshoot and resolve connectivity, network, and performance problems.
- And more!
Who is this book for?
Expert Oracle Database 11g Administration is written for Oracle database administrators who want a comprehensive reference to refer to during their day–to–day work. It’s clearly written in a way that is accessible to both intermediate and beginning administrators. Readers can easily and quickly find the content they need.
About the Author
Sam R. Alapati is an experienced Oracle database administrator who holds the Oracle OCP DBA and the Hewlett–Packard UNIX System Administrator certifications. He currently manages Oracle databases at the Boy Scouts of America National Headquarters in Los Colinas, Texas. Alapati has been dealing with databases for a long time, including the Ingres RDBMS in the mid 1980s. He is also well versed in the Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, and IBM DB2 database management systems.
CentOS 6 Linux Server Cookbook
An all-in-one guide to installing, configuring, and running a Centos 6 server. Ideal for newbies and old-hands alike, this practical tutorial ensures you get the best from this popular, enterprise-class free server solution.
Delivering comprehensive insight into CentOS server with a series of starting points that show you...
Welding Robots: Technology, System Issues and Application From car manufacturing to the production of niche products, welding is now one of the most widespread and successful applications of industrial robotics.
Welding Robotics: Technology, System Issues and Application is a detailed overview of robotic welding at the beginning of the twenty-first century. The last few years-worth of...
YUI 2.8 Learning the Library
The YUI Library has grown and improved since the first edition of this book. Several components came out of beta or experimental status and most of them will be covered in new chapters or added to related chapters, which will now have more than the two components originally presented.
The coding style has changed and that will be reflected... Android 4: New Features for Application Development
Recently, with the increasing popularity of mobile phones, mobile operating systems have emerged and quickly spread. Now people with smart phones can do everything that they can do with their computers. The popularity of the Android mobile operating system has increased and is widely used. In this book, new features and innovations of Android...