What you will learn from this book?
- Create a simple project using the seam-gen tool, with the support of RichFaces, Seam and Facelets
- Integrate the RichFaces libraries manually in your existing JSF project
- Import a seam-gen-generated project into your workspace using Eclipse
- Get AJAX JSF messaging support for JSF AJAX events using RichFaces message and messages components
- Learn the basics of RichFaces, from creating the project to editing the code, using important components (like a4j:commandButton, a4j:commandLink, rich:dataTable, and rich:messages) and their AJAX properties (like reRender)
- Develop a fully-featured advanced application for contact management using the RichFaces AJAX framework and its rich components
- Develop the login and registration system for a web site, looking at all the features like skin management, registration page, login box, forgot username, reset password, captcha, and more
- Optimize AJAX requests while developing a web application with JBoss RichFaces
- Add and remove contacts from a group using the RichFaces drag-n-drop support
- Customize the look of the application by changing the style of its existing skins using CSS and XCSS
- Create new skins ready to be plugged into your application
- Use and implement pushing, partial updates, component binding, session expiration handling, and more
- Develop rich JSF components in a fast and solid way using CDK (Component Development Kit)
This is a practical tutorial following the use of RichFaces in a sample application. It includes many examples of the creation and customization of different AJAX components.
Who this book is written for?
You are expected to have basic knowledge of JSF, but no previous experience with AJAX is necessary.