If something goes wrong, roll up your sleeves, then troubleshoot and fix Linux yourself!
Commercial support packages for Linux can be expensive. This unique book gives you the power to diagnose and fix a wide range of Linux problems. Using Fedora Core Linux and Red Hat Enterprise Linux examples, Thomas Weeks and bestselling Red Hat Linux Bible author Christopher Negus offer you scores of step-by-step procedures and tools to resolve Linux hardware incompatibilities and system conflicts commonly encountered in workstation, server and networking environments.
You’ll find complete coverage of Linux troubleshooting
- Prevent failures with install-time troubleshooting
- Formulate solid backup and recovery strategies
- Automate, secure, and provision both client and server systems
- Create intrusion detection systems and firewalls
- Diagnose and resolve driver issues for video cards, modems, and other hardware
- Deal with file system corruption using emergency boot environments
- Perform server-side configuration and troubleshooting of BIND9/DNS, Samba, NFS, FTP, Web (Apache, Mail (Sendmail/Postfix), printing (CUPS), and other servers
- Find special sections on Debian and SUSE troubleshooting techniques