Are you a seasoned system administrator charged with setting up an Oracle database? Or did you suddenly become a DBA by default? If database administration with Oracle is part of your job, you’ll be glad to have Oracle 11g For Dummies in your cubicle.
This nuts-and-bolts guide walks you through the mysteries of Oracle and database administration. You’ll learn how to understand Oracle database architecture, set up and manage an Oracle database, and keep it running in tiptop form. Oracle 11g For Dummies covers:
- The building blocks behind the database engine as well as Oracle’s physical and logical structures
- Hardware, software, system, and storage requirements for implementation
- How to recognize and accommodate the differences between Oracle installations on Windows and on Linux/UNIX
- Daily and intermittent tasks necessary to keep your database running properly
- How to assess potential threats to your database, configure Oracle Recovery Manager, and set up backup and recovery procedures
- When to use online, offline, controlfile, and archivelog backups
- Troubleshooting methodology and how to use Oracle database logs and other diagnostic utilities
- Different ways to manage your database
- How to automate jobs with the Oracle Scheduler
- Using SQL in Oracle, and a great deal more
Completely up to date for the newest release of Oracle, Oracle 11g For Dummies will give you both the information and the confidence to set up and maintain an Oracle database for your organization.
About the Author
Chris Zeis is Chief Technology Officer and partner at Perpetual Technologies, Inc., an Oracle partner. Chris Ruel is an Oracle database administrator and consultant. Michael Wessler manages multiple Web applications for the Department of Defense and consults at various government and private agencies.
Python in a Nutshell In the tradition of O'Reilly's "In a Nutshell" series, Python in a Nutshell offers Python programmers one place to look when they need help remembering or deciphering the syntax of this open source language and its many modules. This comprehensive reference guide makes it easy to look up all the most... Graph Algorithms, Third Edition (Algorithms in Java, Part 5)
Graphs and Graph algorithms are pervasive in modern computing applications. This book describes the most important known methods for solving the graph-processing problems that arise in practice. Its primary aim is to make these methods and the basic principles behind them accessible to the growing number of people in need of...
Best Career and Education Web Sites: A Quick Guide to Online Job Search "Very highly recommended for students, job seekers, career changers, teachers, parents, counselors, and school and community reference book collections."
Laura B. Ward, Ph.D., Past President, ACTE; Guidance and Placement Coordinator, Montgomery Public Schools, AL
Essential Microbiology Essential Microbiology is a comprehensive introductory text aimed at students taking a first course in the subject. Covering all aspects of microbiology, it describes the structure and function of microbes before considering their place in the the living world. The second half of the book focuses on applied aspects such... Semiconductor Devices for High-Speed Optoelectronics Providing an all-inclusive treatment of electronic and optoelectronic devices used in high-speed optical communication systems, this book emphasizes circuit applications, advanced device design solutions, and noise in sources and receivers. Core topics covered include semiconductors and semiconductor optical properties, high-speed circuits and...