Identify and Solve Key Electric-Power-Quality Problems and Ensure Reliable Power Delivery to All Customers
Power Quality in Electrical Systems equips you with the latest engineering techniques for providing power quality to all customers, and includes vital information on manufacturing, data processing, and healthcare facilities. Based on an IEEE Professional Education course, the book is a practice-oriented engineering tutorial for solving key electric-power-quality problems.
This skills-building resource is designed to improve job performance by taking you step-by-step through voltage distortion…harmonic current sources…power capacitors…corrections for power-quality problems …switched-mode power supplies…uninterruptible power supplies…standby power systems…power-quality measurements…and more. Filled with 100 detailed illustrations, Power Quality in Electrical Systems enables you to:
- Spot and correct key electric-power-quality problems
- Achieve full compliance with IEEE standards
- Examine switched-mode power supplies, rectifiers, and other loads that produce interference
- Catch up on the latest standby power systems
- Get vital information on power quality for manufacturing, data processing, and healthcare facilities
- Explore power-quality case studies with problems and worked solutions
Inside This Comprehensive Power-Quality Guide
• Power-quality standards • Voltage distortion • Harmonics • Harmonic current sources • Power harmonic filters • Switched-mode power supplies • Corrections for power-quality problems • Uninterruptible power supplies • Power-quality events • Standby power systems • Power-quality measurements About the Author
Alexander Kusko is the corporate vice president of Failure Analysis Inc., and a former associate professor of engineering at M.I.T.
Marc Thompson is a senior managing engineer and an adjunct professor of electrical engineering at Worcestor Polytech.