Developments in RFID (Radio-Frequency Identification) are yielding larger memory capacities, wider reading ranges and quicker processing, making it one of fastest growing sectors of the radio technology industry.
RFID has become indispensable in a wide range of automated data capture and identification applications, from ticketing and access control to industrial automation. The second edition of Finkenzeller's comprehensive handbook brings together the disparate information on this versatile technology. Features include:
- Essential new information on the industry standards and regulations, including ISO 14443 (contactless ticketing), ISO 15693 (smartlabel) and ISO 14223 (animal identification).
- Complete coverage of the physical principles behind RFID technologies such as inductive coupling, surface acoustic waves and the emerging UHF and microwave backscatter systems.
- A detailed description of common algorithms for anticollision.
- An exhaustive appendix providing listings of RFID associations, journals and standards.
- A sample test card layout in accordance with ISO 14443.
- Numerous sample applications including e-ticketing in public transport systems and animal identification.
End users of RFID products, electrical engineering students and newcomers to the field will value this introduction to the functionality of RFID technology and the physical principles involved. Experienced ADC professionals will benefit from the breadth of applications examples combined within this single resource.
Molecular Biology of Drug Addiction
A comprehensive multidisciplinary review of the most relevant molecular, genetic, and behavioral approaches used to investigate the neurobiological basis of drug addiction. The authors explore the latest findings on opioid, psychostimulant, cannabinoid, alcohol, and nicotine addiction, provide fresh insights into the genetic basis of drug...
Expert Trading Systems: Modeling Financial Markets with Kernel Regression
With the proliferation of computer programs to predict market direction, professional traders and sophisticated individual investors have increasingly turned to mathematical modeling to develop predictive systems. Kernel regression is a popular data modeling technique that can yield useful results fast.
Provides data modeling...
Computational Intelligence: An Introduction Can computers be intelligent?
This question causes even more debate than the definitions of intelligence do.
Computational intelligence is the study of adaptive mechanisms to enable or facilitate intelligent behaviour in complex and changing environments. As such, computational intelligence encompasses artificial neural networks,...
Introduction to 3G Mobile Communications, Second Edition The third generation (3G) mobile communication system is the next big thing in the world of mobile telecommunications. The first generation included analog mobile phones [e.g., Total Access Communications Systems (TACS), Nordic Mobile Telephone (NMT), and Advanced Mobile Phone Service (AMPS)], and the ...