If you're a SQL programmer or an experienced Excel user, here at last is the ultimate resource on developing reporting solutions with Excel. Focused on report development using OLTP databases, this book is packed with comprehensive information on both technical and strategic aspects. You'll thoroughly examine the main features of Excel's reporting technology— PivotTable reports, Spreadsheet reports, parameter queries, and web components. With notes, tips, warnings, and real-world examples in each chapter, you'll be able to put your knowledge to work immediately.
- Single-source coverage of Excel's report development features
- Extensive and in-depth information on PivotTable® and Spreadsheet report features, functions, and capabilities
- Thorough documentation of the Microsoft® Query program included with Excel
- Comprehensive information on Excel's client-based OLAP cube tools for processing very large datasets from OLTP data sources
- Detailed information on creating and working with web-enabled Excel reports
Companion web site
Example files for all the exercises in the book are available for download at www.wiley.com/go/excelreporting, where you can also watch videos illustrating various lessons.
About the Author
Timothy Zapawa is a project director atAdvantage Computing Systems, Inc., where he leads teams of engineers, developers, and managers through long-term software implementations. He has developed software training programs and has obtained several professional and technical certifications, including Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA).