UNLOCK THE SECRETS OF PHYSICS with THE PRINCETON REVIEW.High School Physics Unlocked focuses on giving you a wide range of key lessons to help increase your understanding of physics. With this book, you'll move from foundational concepts to complicated, real-world applications, building confidence as your skills improve. End-of-chapter drills will help test your comprehension of each facet of physics, from mechanics to magnetic fields. Don't feel locked out!
Everything You Need to Know About Physics.
• Complex concepts explained in straightforward ways
• Clear goals and self-assessments to help you pinpoint areas for further review
• Bonus chapter on modern physics
Practice Your Way to Excellence.
• 340+ hands-on practice questions in the book and online
• Complete answer explanations to boost understanding, plus extended, step-by-step solutions for all drill questions online
• Bonus online questions similar to those you'll find on the AP Physics 1, 2, and C Exams and the SAT Physics Subject Test
High School Physics Unlocked covers:
• One- and Multi-dimensional Motion
• Forces and Mechanics
• Energy and Momentum
• Gravity and Satellite Motion
• Waves and Sound
• Electric Interactions and Electric Circuits
• Magnetic Interactions
• Light and Optics
... and more!
Handbook of Multisensor Data Fusion
Multisensor data fusion is an emerging technology with important applications in both the military and civilian sectors, such as target recognition, robotics, medical diagnostics, and "smart" buildings. It draws on techniques from wide-ranging disciplines, including artificial intelligence, pattern recognition, and statistical...
Non-linear Modeling and Analysis of Solids and Structures This book presents a theoretical treatment of nonlinear behavior of solids and structures in such a way that it is suitable for numerical computation, typically using the Finite Element Method. Starting out from elementary concepts, the author systematically uses the principle of virtual work, initially illustrated by truss structures, to give a... Visions Of Mind: Architectures For Cognition And Affect "What is mind?" "Can we build synthetic or artificial minds?" Think these questions are only reserved for Science Fiction? Well, not anymore. This collection presents a diverse overview of where the development of artificial minds is as the twenty first century begins. Examined from nearly all viewpoints, Visions of Mind...
Architecting Web Services
- Presents a technology-agnostic approach that focuses on building Web services-based applications around established open standards
- Provides plenty of examples, illustrations, and code to help the reader not only understand Web services but start implementing them right away
Economics: Principles and Applications
Because issues of policy and real applications are critical to the principles of economics course, acclaimed economists Hall and Lieberman have made the latest edition of their cutting-edge text as current as today's headlines, giving students a real-world, up-to-the-minute overview that presents economics as a unified discipline. Taking...