Make the most of your pocket PC with this hands-on easy-to-use resource. Find out how to synch your pocket PC with your desktop computer, browse the Web, send instant messages, play games, and much more.
Get the most out of your Pocket PC and all its features and capabilities with this easy-to-follow resource. You'll learn to personalize your portable device to suit both your style and a wide range of needs from business to pleasure. Use your Pocket PC to manage a wealth of information--from scheduling appointments and maintaining contact lists to tracking investments. Connect to the Internet, share data with other handheld devices, play music, download games, send messages, and stay on top of your e-mail wherever you go. This handy guide will show you how to be more productive and fully utilize all the functionality your Pocket PC has to offer.
Inside, learn to:
About the Author
- Maximize all the features and productivity applications on your Windows-based PDA
- Connect to the Internet--wirelessly--and browse your favorite Web sites
- Create documents and crunch numbers using Pocket Word and Pocket Excel
- Install and remove programs, and backup and restore data on your Pocket PC
- Synchronize your Pocket PC with your desktop computer using the ActiveSync Partnership Wizard
- Configure and monitor amount of space available to run programs and store files
- View pictures, give presentations, and make calls
- Customize Pocket PC settings and change the appearance to conform to your personal taste and needs
- Use your Pocket PC to create databases and store and query data
- Add peripherals to your Pocket PC to expand its functionality
Frank McPherson (West Bloomfield, MI) has been using handhelds since they were introduced in 1993. He is currently an Assistant Forum Manager for the Windows CE forum on Microsoft's Computing Central web site. In March, 1999 Microsoft recognized Frank as a Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for helping users in the microsoft.public.windowsce newsgroup. He created and maintains the Windows CE Knowledge Center web site, (http://start.at/know_ce) which averages 9000 page views per day. The site includes original content and links to information that show users how to get the most out of the Windows CE.
Air Transport and the Environment
"Air Transport and the Environment" provides an overview of the main issues relating to aviation environmental impacts. It explains the challenge facing policymakers in terms of sustainable development, focusing on the importance of balancing the industry's economic, social and environmental costs and benefits, both for people...
Oracle PL/SQL Programming (Animal Guide)
This book is the definitive reference on PL/SQL, considered throughout the database community to be the best Oracle programming book available. Like its predecessors, this fifth edition of Oracle PL/SQL Programming covers language fundamentals, advanced coding techniques, and best practices for using Oracle's powerful procedural...
Microsoft Windows Server 2008: The Complete Reference Picture a breathtaking alpine setting, a small village nestled among the Pacific coastal mountains. Two chairs run from the base of the mountains—one to Blackcomb, one to Whistler—both offering some of the best skiing in Western Canada and a lonesome pub located at the base of both mountains, the Longhorn Saloon. Here, skiers come to...