Official Microsoft study guide for the skills you need on the job—and on the exam.
Learn how to deliver exceptional performance and scalability to your business information systems—and prepare for the Microsoft® Certified Professional (MCP) exam—with this official Microsoft study guide. Work at your own pace through a system of lessons and hands-on exercises to gain practical experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting SQL Server™ 2000. As you build these real-world database administration skills, you’re also preparing for MCP Exam 70-228—an elective for MCSE/MCSA certification and a core exam on the MCDBA track.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN.
• Installing or upgrading to SQL Server 2000
• Configuring database options—capacity, connectivity, and performance
• Automating data transfer and manipulation with Data Transformation Services (DTS) packages
• Using SQL Server replication services
• Managing security—authentication, logins, permissions, and alerts
• Monitoring and fine-tuning system performance with tools such as SQL Server Agent, SQL Profiler, and the Windows® System Monitor
• Performing backups and restorations
HERE’S WHAT’S INSIDE.
• Comprehensive self-paced training manual that maps to MCP exam goals and objectives
• Skill-building practice exercises that help you apply what you learn to the job
• Summaries and end-of-chapter review questions to help gauge your progress
• 120-day evaluation version of SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
• All the book’s content—plus sample databases and technical white papers—on CD-ROM
Ethics of Innovation in Neurosurgery
This book covers all ethical aspects of introducing novel implants and procedures in neurosurgery in a structured way, addressing the current knowledge gap concerning ethical innovations in neurosurgery. Initially it explores the difficulties involved in defining when a procedure should be considered innovation, research, or care. To...
Unity 5 Game Optimization
Master performance optimization for Unity3D applications with tips and techniques that cover every aspect of the Unity3D Engine
About This Book
Optimize CPU cycles, memory usage, and GPU throughput for any Unity3D application
Master optimization techniques across all Unity Engine features...
Introduction to Simulink with Engineering Applications, Second Edition This text is an introduction to Simulink ®, a companion application to MATLAB ®. It is written for students at the undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as for the working professional.
The author claims no originality of the content, and the description of the Simulink blocks is extracted from The MathWorks™...
Algorithms and Computation: 18th International Symposium, ISAAC 2007, Sendai, Japan, December 17-19, 2007, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the 18th International Symposium on Algorithms and Computation, ISAAC 2007, held in Sendai, Japan, in December 2007. The 77 revised full papers presented together with two invited talks were carefully reviewed and selected from 220 submissions. The papers included topical sections on...