Stored procedures, triggers and User Defined Functions are the key database features for developing robust and distributed applications. In V5R1, SQL Triggers are supported on DB2 Universal Database for iSeries to give much more portability to the database.
This IBM Redbook includes the latest announced features in V5R1 and V5R2 on stored procedures, triggers and User Defined Functions. Among the topics in this publication, you will find suggestions, guidelines, and practical examples on how to effectively develop DB2 UDB for iSeries stored procedures, triggers and User Defined Functions. Some of the topics that are covered in this book include:
- Introduction to the SQL Persistent Stored Module Language used in SQL stored procedures, triggers and User Defined Functions
- SQL stored procedures
- External stored procedures and triggers
- Java stored procedures (both JDBC and SQLJ)
- SQL Triggers
- External triggers
- SQL User Defined Functions
- External User Defined Functions
This publication also offers examples developed in several programming languages (RPG, COBOL, C, Java, and Visual Basic), using native and SQL data access interfaces.