Sustainable Solar Housing, Volume 2: Exemplary Buildings and Technologies
* * An auspicious and comprehensive two-volume treatment of current solar energy strategies and technologies employed in buildings
* * Offers the reader a solid platform for assessing environmental and economic concerns for housing projects, and offers guidance on implementing the most appropriate course of action
Sustainable Solar Housing: Strategies and Solutions
This far-reaching and authoritative two-volume set examines a range of potential solutions for low-energy building design, considering different strategies (energy conservation and renewable energy) and technologies (relating to the building envelope, ventilation, heat delivery, heat production, heat storage, electricity, and control). Each...
Waste Treatment in the Process Industries
Increasing demand on industrial capacity has, as an unintended consequence, an accompanying increase in harmful and hazardous wastes. Recognizing the need for a comprehensive reference on the technologies and strategies available for waste treatment in specific industries, four esteemed editors gathered to produce the highly popular Handbook of...
ThermoPoetics: Energy in Victorian Literature and Science
In ThermoPoetics, Barri Gold sets out to show us how analogous, intertwined, and mutually productive poetry and physics may be. Charting the simultaneous emergence of the laws of thermodynamics in literature and in physics that began in the 1830s, Gold finds that not only can science influence literature, but literature can influence...
Foundation Actionscript 3.0 Animation: Making Things Move! In this book, you'll learn
- All the ActionScript 3.0 (including math and trigonometry functions) and Flash rendering techniques you'll need to start animating with code
- Basic motion principles such as velocity, acceleration, friction, easing, and bouncing
- How to handle user interaction via the keyboard and
Ecological Connectivity among Tropical Coastal Ecosystems
Mangrove forests, seagrass beds, and coral reefs are circumtropical ecosystems that are highly productive, and provide many important biological functions and economic services. These ecosystems cover large surface areas in the shallow tropical coastal seascape but have suffered from serious human degradation, especially in the last few decades....
|Result Page: 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 |