Diagnosing Wild Species Harvest: Resource Use and Conservation
Diagnosing Wild Species Harvest bridges gaps of knowledge fragmented among scientific disciplines as it addresses this multifaceted phenomenon that is simultaneously global and local. The authors emphasize the interwoven nature of issues specific to the ecological, economic, and socio-cultural realms of wild species harvest.
Sustainable Solar Housing, Volume 2: Exemplary Buildings and Technologies
* * An auspicious and comprehensive two-volume treatment of current solar energy strategies and technologies employed in buildings
* * Offers the reader a solid platform for assessing environmental and economic concerns for housing projects, and offers guidance on implementing the most appropriate course of action
Sustainable Solar Housing: Strategies and Solutions
This far-reaching and authoritative two-volume set examines a range of potential solutions for low-energy building design, considering different strategies (energy conservation and renewable energy) and technologies (relating to the building envelope, ventilation, heat delivery, heat production, heat storage, electricity, and control). Each...
Head First Physics: A learner's companion to mechanics and practical physics
Wouldn't it be great if there were a physics book that showed you how things work instead of telling you how? Finally, with Head First Physics, there is. This comprehensive book takes the stress out of learning mechanics and practical physics by providing a fun and engaging experience, especially for students who "just...
ThermoPoetics: Energy in Victorian Literature and Science
In ThermoPoetics, Barri Gold sets out to show us how analogous, intertwined, and mutually productive poetry and physics may be. Charting the simultaneous emergence of the laws of thermodynamics in literature and in physics that began in the 1830s, Gold finds that not only can science influence literature, but literature can influence...
Foundation Actionscript 3.0 Animation: Making Things Move! In this book, you'll learn
- All the ActionScript 3.0 (including math and trigonometry functions) and Flash rendering techniques you'll need to start animating with code
- Basic motion principles such as velocity, acceleration, friction, easing, and bouncing
- How to handle user interaction via the keyboard and
|Result Page: 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 |